Congratulations on the Baby shower!
If you’re planning on throwing yourself a baby shower or playing hostess for a close friend or family member, we’ve got you covered. Our locations are ideal to have baby shower parties no matter what the size. Our locations aren’t like the big catering halls with so many restrictions. You can rent the venues and bring in your own food, music and drinks.
One of the most popular types of party our halls are booked for is baby shower parties. We have been in the party hall rental business for over 5 years and have a affordable party halls for everyone for all your needs. Click on (skylighthall.com) to see our event venue. We even have customer reviews to prove how great we are. Or simply call or text 718-525-2222 between 10am and 8pm – 7 days a week.
Our street level first floor queens event space are located near public transportation, major highways, are handicap accessible and have ample parking for all your guests in rear of party hall.
At our party hall in queens we offer:
* up to 7 hours of your choice for your event
* time to set up and decorate
* Include all the basics such as chairs, tables.
* Free WIFI
7 Step party planning simple checklist.
- Plan in advance. It’s never too early. Time fly’s by quickly so secure a date before the due date.
- Figure out a budget
- Location – At home or at a venue
- Invitations – Traditional mail or online evites
- Dress – Special clothing for Mom and Dad
- Food and drinks – Catering, home cooked, drinks, desserts, cake, plates cups and utensils
- Decorations – backdrops, chair rentals, props, linen, centerpieces, party favors
- DJ and Entertainment – background music with speakers, DJ, or a host
- Photographer – Assign a photographer or go with a professional that will capture the best moments.
- Secure a contract – When renting a venue take this first step before anything.
- Send out invitations – Get a headcount early.
- Pick a Décor – Think of themes, colors, and creative ideas
- What’s on the menu? – you can have it catered, cooked at home, or pay per plate.
- Make an agenda for the party – Entrance time, party games and entertainment, when food will be
served, speeches or slideshows.
How do I plan for a baby shower? Where do I start?
How to plan a baby shower party
- We have everything listed here so you can learn what it takes to pull off the ideal party for the mom-to-be and her new bundle of joy. Look for a venue 4-5 months into the pregnancy, send out invitations right away to come up with a guest list. A safe time frame to plan a date for a baby shower event is when the expectant mother is around 7 months. It’s perfect because she’s safe in her pregnancy and she’s comfortable enough to handle the run around for a party. This time frame allows enough cushion in case of an early birth and it also leaves enough time for the couple to get last minute purchases to complete the baby’s arrival.
- Come up with a budget. Are friends and family members contributing? How elaborate or simple do you want the event to be? Are you and your friends crafty enough to make your own decorations? After answering all these questions you’ll come up with a budget to rent a venue. Ideal dates are usually Saturdays nights which are priced premium but if it’s simple and you’re laid back and you have a limited budget, great days to consider are off holidays, daytime functions, or even weekdays in which prices can be half as less. Most baby showers take place on Sundays. List of things to be on your budget: venue, invitations, dress to be worn, food and drinks (Catering or home cooked, drinks, desserts, cake, plates cups and utensils), Decorations (baby shower backdrops, baby shower chair rentals, props, linen, centerpieces, party favors), DJ and Entertainment (rent background music with speakers, or hire a professional DJ, or a host), and get a Photographer (assign a photographer or go with a professional that will capture the best moments to last forever) –
- Look for halls for rent or venues that are centrally located near you and where majority of your guests live, especially if your party is too large to host at your house or if the weather in a place like NYC is unforgiving and unpredictable to host anything outdoors. You can go with the catering halls or banquet halls that provide everything from food, drinks, and décor or you can look for a hall for rent and do everything yourself. Deciding on the formality of the event along with the size is an effective way to narrow down the event halls in Queens. Couples may want to get more creative and personal so a party hall which allows flexibility may be the best option to add your own touch. Our locations are cheap in comparison if you compare the number of amenities you get for the price. The cheapest party hall may not be the best option. When choosing a party hall for rent, always check if they have insurance, is the contract clear, how updated is the venue, and read the online reviews for verification. Browse through our website for ideal locations or you can simply call us at 718-525-2222 between 10am and 8pm 7 days a week to speak to a customer care representative. Reserve your date soon before it’s gone.
Queens, New York event venues are as unique as the person hosting the party. Things to look for are the venues reputation, is the location easy to get to and safe, is their public transportation or ample parking, how much time do they allocate, are the prices clearly stated, is it on the first floor and are they handicap accessible and so on.
- Once you have secured a contract, send out the invitations. Allow at least 6 weeks before to send out invitation either through mail or evite. By choosing a date early in advance, you’ll be able to ensure you find an unoccupied party venue in Queens and reserve the date in advance. Get an approximation of a guest count so you don’t overspend or end up buying too much.
- Pick a theme for your party. Think of themes, colors, and get creative with your ideas.
Some baby shower party themes you can consider can be found just by tapping into things that make you happy. From celebrations inspired by baby animals, classic storybooks, and vintage finds to sprinkles for experienced moms and gender-reveal parties for mamas who want to add even more excitement to their showers, themes are everywhere.
You’re the centerpiece of the party so pay attention to the backdrop, chair, and main table. This will be the highlight of the party. Look through the list of vendors and ask us for the additional rentals Queens Party Hall offers.
- Chafing dishes are supplied at all of the venues featured on Queens Party Hall. Always make sure to have the cooked food prepared to be served in 8-quart aluminum pans and always have extra food.
- Make an agenda for the party – Entrance time, party games and entertainment, when food will be served, speeches or slideshows.
Where should I look for venues to rent?
So you’re looking for a party hall in Queens or Brooklyn? Well, Queens is one of New York City’s most diverse of the five boroughs. It’s adjacent to the borough of Brooklyn on the west and Long Island on the east, and it’s just a bridge away from Manhattan. Event Spaces in Queens also known as Queens County vary from locations and venues in different parts such as Ozone Park, Richmond Hill, Astoria, Woodhaven, Jamaica, and Ridgewood. Take a glance at our interactive map and you’ll notice our venues of different sizes are located near the border of Brooklyn and Queens.
What’s the first step to renting a hall? Consider the number of guests and choose a few dates for the party, then start looking for venues in Queens. Our website features great party halls in Queens near Brooklyn which may be ideal for your next event. For weddings and larger events, it is especially important to book early as popular party locations fill up quickly. Determine the size of your guest list, the decor of the venue, and the convenience of the Queens event space. Call us or text us today at 718-525-2222 between 10am and 8pm – 7 days a week to see if we have an event space in Queens that is suitable for your needs. Our interactive website is designed to answer all your questions. Please browse through the site and all your questions will be answered.
These are the types of functions our locations are ideal for:
Wedding Reception Hall, Wedding Ceremony Venue, Wedding Reception Venues, Wedding banquet halls, Engagement Party, Anniversary, Event Promotion, Baby Showers, Birthday Parties, Birthday party venues, Sweet Sixteen’s, Corporate Meetings, Holiday Celebrations, Family Reunions, Repass, Office Parties, Christenings, Graduations, Retirements, Communions, Private Parties, Baptisms / Bautismo, Bar mitzvahs, Prom, Gaye Holuds, Mehndi, Sangeet, Fund Raisers,Venue for rent, Space for rent, Meeting Room, Pop up office, Banquet Hall, Wedding event hall, Party room rentals, Cheap banquet halls, Cheap reception Halls, Cheap Party Halls, Catering Hall New York.